Wednesday, July 5, 2017

No sleep, book news and musings...


4dab90e5ddb782e08e98cf7db35f5e37

Again, I have disappeared for an extended amount of time. I tend to do that. I have tried keeping up with my snail mail pen pals, my last round of letters went unanswered but a few.

I am in one of my sleepless modes again. Musing my little musings.

I have a book a should be writing. The sequel to The Road of Darkness shouldnt be taking so long. I mean, the book is there, nearly done. I read over what I’ve written and end up scrapping it part of the way in. So, I have my beginning and my ending…though missing my middle. I am in a rut…a terrible, terrible rut of how Addison is making her way through her journey. I keep falling into this trapping that changes who she us meant to be. She is meant to be strong, fierce…she is meant to be disliked.

I’ve always held a fondness for unlikable characters that do have some redeeming qualities. I have had a reviewer state that they just couldn’t get into the character because she was SO unlikable in the fact that she did not discriminate in who she killed…especially the women and children. Well…thats what big bad vampires do.

So here in my second book I am finding Addison is softening up…and I do not like it. Yes, change is needed for her character developement, but I don’t want to change the core of her, and that’s what I keep sliding into. It’s horribly frustrating.

I have been writing short stories, and actively Role Play story writing in my time as I struggle with this.

I’ve also pondered trying to get some of these short stories and what-not published. I am looking at small publications, just my short stories here and there. So, if anyone knows some names they’d like to toss my way, I would appreciate it. I could always self publish a short story compilation, but I really am curious as to outside people looking over them and what I have to offer, seeing as I do write for more than one genre.

I have been on a voracious reading spree. I have revisited Eric R Lowthers novel and short story compilation, and find myself wanting more. He seem to be suffering what I am, as his second novel was promised in 2014 and it is yet to be produced. I love that mans writing, genius in the zombie genre.

Serial Killers…a passion of mine, I have read 3 books on the subject in the last 3 days. Oh, and one trivia and fact book.

I have no been very social…I mean, like, at all. I havent been visiting my favorite blogs, Facebook, twitters, etc.. I am sorry for that. I have even been a little withdrawn in my little gaming world. It’s a phase, I’m sure.

In health news, I have a new spinal doctor, and we are working on a pain management, and eventual elimination plan. I am currently pain-free as I write this and it feels remarkable.

The kittehs are well. All six of them. Okay, I will confess, they are terrors. All six of them. Spencer, or who I call ‘Lil man’, is the newest that I had brought home from my best friends place in New Mexico. He has grown like a weed, yet still looks so remarkably kitten-like. He is the king of holy terror as well. It is going on 5am and he is ripping through the house playing and antagonizing the older cats.

I really would like some sleep right about now. I tried about an hour ago and pretty much tossed and turned, got hot, then cold, and finally the cats playing dragged me from my bed once again.

Maybe I just sleep better during the daylight hours. Honestly, though inconvenient, I like my nights. No one to bother me, no phone ringing, the house is quiet-ish. Sleeping through the day can be hassle because of the phone, people, things to be done. Blah.

Well, I suppose I have rambled enough. I will get some stories posted to entertain you shortly. Dont forget about me!!!

I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment