Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day...My thoughts...


Memorial-Day-American-Flag


Today is the US Holiday of Memorial Day, to remember those of the military who gave their lives in the duty of their country.


Now, I am from a military family. My dad was Army, my husband was Army and my brother is currently in the Army. My daughter is about to join the Air Force.


They are all still alive. All of them have been in the war zone, however, and have seen their fellow soldiers fall.


Today is not to be all about BBQs and swimming and fun. Sure, those things can be had, but its also about remembering what has been given from all branches of the military.


Some enlist for financial reasons, some enlist for a true calling to be in the military and its way of life. Trust me, being raised and married to the military is an experience like none other.


Take a moment of the day to think about ALL the lives lost. Some of our soldiers, men and women, some barely out of their teens, have died serving in wars that we may not have really gotten involved in. (I wont bring politics into this).Its senseless death. But they should be honored for their sacrifice, for following their leaders. They gave an oath and upheld that oath to the highest degree.


Have a safe and happy day, and to those of you who have served or are currently serving, bless you all.

Love you all, my sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment