Monday, November 28, 2016

November 2016 Day 28



nano-and-nablo-banner

It’s been a busy morning, and I have worked on my NaNo writing, but I’m not finished yet. However, my brains needed a break from the novel. So I took myself to Hobby Lobby and picked up a few things. Mainly some upholstery fabric for my office chair (I hate the leather feel, so I got a lovely quilted fabric) and some things needed for the project.

I have other things going on inside of this brain of mine. More story ideas. Mostly short stories. I’m jot the ideas down and that will give me something to toy with when the mood strikes.


So on to today’s BlogHer prompt:
Nov. 28: What was your most precious possession when you were a kid?

When I was little, I had this large stuffed animal. It was a lamb. I used it as a pillow, and kept it very safe in my room. Of course, her name was Lamb chop. I know, how original. Come on, I was like, four years old. However, I kept that same silly lamb all the way into my early teens until after many fix- ups and stitches the poor lamb needed that it just disintegrated. I have never seen another lamb quite like it. Not for the massive size it was. I don’t even know where my mom had gotten, because when you are four and presented with a lamb that’s as big as you are, you just don’t question it. You love and cuddle it.

Now, as an adult, I have…oddities. So many. I can’t pick a favorite. I rotate them out, sometimes buying more when something truly captivating catches my weird eye. Living Dead Dolls, homemade voodoo dolls from New Orleans, voodoo dolls I’ve made myself. Then there are my Walking Dead figures and my Pacific Rim Jaeger’s – Gypsy Danger being my favorite, of course. My skeletal animals. Candles galore. We won’t start on my coffee mug collection.

There is one constant in all my oddities that never leaves the edge of my desk however. That would be Edgar Allen Poe. He’s a rather tall figure, and off course, he’s a bobble head. At his feet is his ever-present raven. I give him a poke now and then and he kindly gives me a nod of approval.

The eccentricities go on and on…I have nearly a whole room full of boxes of stuff.


So there we have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment