Wednesday, November 2, 2016

November 2016 Day 2


Another bright and early day. Honestly, I tried to go to bed, I actually got in the bed. Then three very awake kitties decided my bed looked to be the perfect place to have sparring matches.

So, climbed back out of bed and watched a movie. By the time that was over, it was time to get ready for my physical therapy.

I haven’t worked on my NaNo yet thus far, I need a shower and a nap. But I decided to do todays BlogHer NaBloPoMo prompt.

Todays is:
Nov. 2: When was the last time you did something brave? What happened?
 
First, we have to think of the word ‘brave’ and what it means to different people. Some people would think it means an act of heroism. Saving lives and defeating an enemy. Our soldiers are brave.

Our police and firemen are brave. Putting their lives out there to save and protect others. Risking being shot. Risking being trapped in a burning building while searching for any that may be trapped within.

Cancer and other ailment patients are brave, with all the painful things that have to go through for treatment, yet still trying to keep strong, keep a smile on their face, and trying to keep their family in the right state of mind.

For some of us, however, little mundane acts of the truly brave are but little braveries to us. For me, getting out and doing things like shopping, and bigger still, hosting events as a Municipal Liaison for NaNoWriMo and speaking publicly, are huge things. It takes me literally days to prep myself mentally for these things. And each one I complete without losing my sh!t is a win. I braved the storm. I did it.

Though, simple acts of kindness can be brave, too. Those who volunteer to brave flood waters to rescue trapped people. Those who give blood in times of need. Those who help dig through disasters to find survivors.

Other than braving the world at large, I guess my only recent act of bravery was saving a kitten. Again, some may not think it brave. But I stopped four lanes of traffic to do it. Again, maybe not brave, but a simple act of being compassionate.

So, really asking someone what they did that was brave comes down to that persons perspective of what ‘brave’ is.


And there you have little Zoe’s take on things for the day.


Be sweet my lovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment