Saturday, November 19, 2016

November 2016 Day 19


nano-and-nablo-banner


Since there is no BlogHer prompts on the weekend, I thought I’d fill you in on my PAIN. No, really. Yes, lots of pain, but persevering.


I’m listening to a meditation mix on my media player – subtle wind chimes with ocean waves and rain with light thunder. So relaxing.


The cats are on a rampage today, using anything as a springboard, including my chair and me.


I haven’t work on NaNo yet today, but you have been tracking my word count meter, you’ll see the past couple of days have been low in the word count. I can’t concentrate when in pain. I am going to work later to work on one a chapter.


For today, however, you will get a snippet of one on the first chapters in Book Two ‘The Path of Redemption’.


And here we go…hope you enjoy…


“I look for versatility in warriors, for compassion in friends, for the spirit in lovers. You managed to fuse this, so I think you warranted more.” One thing he did not like about the Jeep was the damn separation in the seats. Moving an armrest to have her beside him would have been much more fulfilling. “Grandpa and Dad taught me most, my mom taught me cooking, some Tantric prayers, and about her Shinto arts.”


“I like things spiked a lot if I’m going to drink; I usually want the buzz to dull things when I do. So absinthe, Everclear, or those potent types – like moonshine – for me work best.”

She smiled again. “Mmm… Absinthe… I forgot about that one… haven’t had it in ages.” She said in a soft tone, letting memory serve her the taste.

She toyed with her sword between her knees, sliding her hands over the smooth saya. “Cooking…haven’t a clue on how to do it. I don’t even remember the taste of food. I have memories of things I enjoyed, though, like shrimps, jambalaya, and steak. I just don’t remember the tastes anymore. Just memories, like faded feelings.”

Her eyes looked down at her hands. “My mother didn’t like me much. I mean, she loved me and all but left me with the nanny to raise. She resented me, I think because I was a difficult labor and delivery. I ruined her insides. She couldn’t have any more children after me. My Papa on the other hand, tended to spoil me. However, no one treated me as well as Neeta. That was my nanny. When I killed everyone on the plantation, I spared her. She died a nice old age, natural death.” She said, a little sorrow touching her voice.


“I’m tired of this life.” She then said, out of nowhere. “I don’t want to die or anything; no no no… I’m tired of the loneliness. I never lamented my darkness, but there are things I would prefer to have in its stead.” She said, letting out a small sigh.


She then lifted her face, turning her pale blue eyes to the Templar. She looked him over. He was sexy sitting there driving. An extremely handsome man indeed. She offered a small smile.

“Are we there yet?”


“You’ll get used to food again pretty quick. It gets boring again fast.” The story of her mother was sad. It also did give insight into why it was so easy for her to slip into the darkness if she felt unloved. He resolved that she would never feel that way ever again. “I’m sorry, hon. I wish I could take that away from your mind’s pain, but what I can do is let you know you are loved now and will always be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment