Thursday, November 17, 2016

November 2016 Day 17



nano-and-nablo-banner

Hello! So, let’s start off with a Public Service Announcement. ZOE IS IN PAIN. Also, Zoe has taken some painkillers that kind of make her stupid. Zoe also received TWO bilateral cortisone shots in her back today and they hurt like a…well…I am not going to swear and curse and offend anyone…let us just image all those bad words you would get your mouth washed out with soap for. ~nods~


In addition, no NaNoWriMo word count thus far. I tried writing before I left for the doctor’s appointment, but the pain was just too bad and I was cold. Like, freezing cold.


Excuses, excuses, I know. ~hangs head in shame~


So, on to BlogHer Blog a Day….


Today’s BlogHer prompt:
Nov. 17: What is the hardest lesson you’ve learned from having pets? 


Pets are like toddlers, nothing on the lower shelves are safe. My cats are like so many you see on the YouTube videos of cats looking owners directly in the eye and knocking something over, pleased as punch at the shattering noise they’ve managed to make.


I have also learned that, for me, losing a beloved pet is like losing a child. My child was grown, my Fat Cat was a therapy animal. We bonded immediately. She guarded me…viciously. She was known to even chase my own daughter down the hall to keep her away from me. If you did not have her permission, Fat Cat did not think you needed to be near me.


Very overprotective cat, very aware of my moods and movements, able to soothe me like no one else ever. She was utterly perfect…and then she got bit by that dog, developed an internal wound, underwent surgery to try to correct it, had a feeding tube inserted so I could tend to her myself in the comforts of her own home…and she lost her battle in the end. My world instantaneously shattered.


When I got my other cats, Fat Cats toys and clothes were put away, and the new terrors received their own toys…tried the clothes, none of them like them like Fat Cat did.


I had Fat Cat cremated. I wear a silver paw print pendant around my neck, only taking it off when going into the water such as swimming or showering…it contains a bit of Fat Cats ashes. In addition, I have a beautiful urn for Fat Cat that sits right up here in the cubby on the top hutch of my desk so that she is always looking down on me.


So, I am a little morbid. Yeah, I know I am. I have two little shines dedicated to Fat Cat. That was my baby, and she had to move on.


On a happier note, I believe my little ‘forever kitten’ BaxterMarie is channeling Fat Cat in some ways. Wow, does she do a lot of the naughtier things Fat Cat used to do.


Quinney is the sweetheart of the three. She talks back…to the point of it becoming an argument. However, she is so cute and fluffy and knows how to work that angle; she gets away with murder.


Then there is Jeffrey Jones. Big cat. You would think he was the dominant one of the house….ooohh nooo…not Jeff. Most timid thing ever. But also so utterly adorable.


Put the three cats together in playtime or after a little hit of catnip and you would swear it was like the NasCar of the cat world up in this house. Zoom, zoom, zoom. Well, maybe not that so much. It’s really surprising how three cats can sound like a trampling herd of buffalo sometimes.


IMG_20150825_1142453_rewind














Well, it’s time for me to nap away some of this pain.
Be sweet, my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment