Thursday, November 10, 2016

November 2016 Day 10



nano-and-nablo-banner

Today I managed a very weird word count on my NaNoWriMo. I managed 2222 word count. I’m pleased with it though. I will admit, however, that the words and ideas are flowing a little slower than I would like. I can see the scenes and talks in my head, I just can’t seem to translate them onto the word document well. And its only day 10. ~face palms~ Oh, well. I’ll keep plugging away at it.


Now, onto the BlogHer NaBloPoMo prompt for today:

Nov. 10: Did you celebrate or commemorate your divorce or a significant breakup? Would you ever?

 

I did celebrate my divorce. Looking back on it now, twenty years later, I regret my actions and immaturity.

 

On the day I received my papers back from the judge and everything was official, I went straight away with changing my last name back to my maiden name. ON EVERYTHING.

 

Then, I went to work, did a little woohoo with my few friends and when the store closed for the night, we (a very large group of us) all went to the local bar we frequented and had ourselves a party. Tequila shots (my favorite) bad dancing and even worse Karaoke.

 

I kept up the party girl single mom out whenever I could routing for a few months before it got old. I tried dating. NOPE. So, I started doing other things. I put my time into my relationship with my daughter, worked on my cake decorating skills, focused on art and writing more and spent a lot of time at my parents.

 

Now-days, things are very different. That man I had divorced has grown up, become responsible, and we depend on each other for various things. I know I can depend on him, our daughter can depend on him.

 

I DO regret my past actions. But, I was young and stupid. I’ve matured and can look back at the many errors in my ways back then.

 

So, today, even though the prompt was kind of a downer, for me, things turned out wonderful in the end with years to form a fantastic relationship with the father of my daughter. He’s a good man. He wears his heart on his sleeve a lot, and gets hurt a lot, but I’m always there for me, no matter what.

 

I think that qualifies as a happy ending of sorts.

 

Be sweet, my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment