Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Writers: Getting a little more exposure.


Rpih9
In my last post, I made mention of a few website that I post my various stories, other than just here on the blog.

Its great to help build a following and fan base to broaden your readers, and, in some cases, gain the attention of agents and publishers.

To help you in this, I’m going to provide you a listing, links and my personal takes on each site.

Jukepop: http://www.jukepop.com/


screenshot-www-jukepop-com-2016-09-21-05-51-41

Jukepop is called a site for ‘Serials’. You post chapters, and they can be voted upon. You can make a little money, and you can even get some investors that you share your eventual profits with.

Personally, I just post there for the exposure. The posting process is a little difficult and time consuming, and then anything you post must be approved. ‘A Walk Amongst the Dead’ still has not been approved, and I can only assume because of the few profanities in the story.


Tablo: https://tablo.io/
tablo-io

Tablo doesnt seem too impressive of a site. I know my profile and works do not get many looks and reads or upvotes. It is user friendly, however, and good for a little extra exposure if you can get followers built.



Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/
wattpad-com

wattpad is extremely easy to use, but to gain a following you have to do a lot of reading and liking and following of your own to get anywhere. A lot of people have had great success with Wattpad! I am just now getting myself reaquainted with it.



Scriggler: https://scriggler.com/
scriggler-com

Scriggle…well…it takes some getting used to. Its easy to upload, simply copy and paste your chapters or story, but navigating groups, checking mail and comments are a little rough. I have my own group there for short story writers. Its great for building a following. And they have more than just stories. They have opinion sections, poetry, news. etc.. You can track your ranking and see how your doing in your story writing. Its cool…just a little difficult to check mail.



Bublish: https://www.bublish.com/
www-bublish-com

Bublish is amazing, however, there is a catch. To get the most out of the site, you will have to break down and pay for it. A monthly fee of $9.99 a month, or $99.00 annually.

The site is easy to navigate, easy to post your work, and allows for ‘rough cut bubbles’ which you share via Facebook and Twitter. You choose what you want to share from the writing, and it creates a bubble all ready to post for you to your social media account. I personally like the service. Its easy to gain more followers as well, because Bublish will also make a tweets from their Twitter accounts with your bubbles and account name.



upliterate: http://upliterate.com/
upliterate-com

I love this site. It doesnt get you a lot of exposure, but you will get a small group of followers which will hopefully follow your social media accounts and website to see more of you.

Its super user friendly as well.



Medium: https://medium.com/
medium-com

Medium is another super easy site to upload your works to and gain a bit more of a following. People can ‘like’ and comment. Its very stream-lined and, as I’ve said, easy to use.

I have this as one of my main places to post my short stories, as I can do it super quick and without a lot of fuss.



Write Globe: http://writeglobe.com/
writeglobe
This is a new site for me. I have yet to upload anything to test the waters. However, here is what I pulled from the ‘About’ page.

About Us

Write Globe is the perfect platform for every creative individuals in the world of writing, publishing and editing, who want to reach out to a larger section of the society.
Acting as the linkage between writers, poets, authors and publishers, Write Globe helps these creative individuals in showcasing their unique talent to the world. The books which are written by you will be promoted immensely on the platform of Write Globe and which will gain attention from several visitors of the website. Along with promoting the books, Write Globe also acts as an excellent base for those who want to submit their writings or articles or poetries.
Through Write Globe you can find convenient publishers and publishers too can advertise their brand’s service via this online portal. Recently book trailers have become quite popular for promoting upcoming novels and books and Write Globe has provisions for such unique book trailers on the website.
Promotional events like book launch, book signing or any other event can be extensively shared via Write Globe which will showcase your creativities to the world.



Niume: https://niume.com/
screenshot-niume-com-2016-09-02-06-43-36

This is one of my top favorites. It is very easy to gain a following on this site, and is so visually pleasing. You can host more than just stories as well. You can make blog entries in the ‘Lifestyles’ sphere. You can post your photos. You can show off your humor, and so much more.

I have gained a lot of recognition for the short stories I posted there recently, and a lot of excellent feedback.



Authors.me: https://www.authors.me/
www-authors-me

I am in love with this site. Totally. Its super easy to work with. A the extra fantastic bonus?

It links you up with Agents and Publishers in your selected genres.

You submit your work to the selection that matches what genre you have chosen for a particular book, set of short stories or poetry, and whammo…you get a response on how much time it will take for them to look at your work and get back to you.
I love this site.


~~~


Now, this list, with the exception of Write Globe, is in reverse order of how I use them. I know, I should have mentioned that at the start.

I know there are tons of other sites out there, for writing, blogging…everything under the sun. These are my personal favorites for writing…with a smidge of blogging.

So, I hope you all enjoy, look me up, and lets get some followers a followin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment