This tag was created by Kristina Horner on youtube then found on Tamaraniac’s Blog and then I found it on AnetteReads and I then yoinked it for myself. HAR!
1. How many times have you done NaNoWriMo?
This is only my second year doing NaNoWriMo officially.
2. How did you first find out about NaNoWriMo?
About 4 years ago a role-play gaming friend of mine told me about it. He wanted to do a joint venture for a story. So we wrote a story together in role-play style, keeping track of daily word counts between us.
3. What was the name of the first novel you attempted with NaNo?
The Road of Darkness.
4. Give us a 1 sentence summary of what you’re writing this year.
Addison undergoes changes in her life and is faced with dealing with the newfound emotions of it all and more importantly, the feeling of ‘regret’.
5. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?
Don’t give up. Write every day. Even if it’s just a short summary of the day’s events in a journal or notebook. Inspiration can be found when looking back through things.
6. Did you ever take a year off from NaNo? Why?
Not so far.
7. What’s your biggest inspiration when figuring out what to write?
Definitely music. Motion Picture Scores and orchestra pieces. Emotional music that I can arrange into a playlist. One very few occasions an image can spark an idea.
8. Read us the first sentence from one of your novels.
From a yet to be published work. ‘Gabrielle round the corner, coming to the intersection the accident had just taken place.’
9. Why do you love writing?
Writing allows me to do many things that calm me. My journals and blogs let me express personal things; annoyances, attractions, feelings. My role play writing lets me work with others to build stories, and since I am only writing my own character bits, it’s exciting to see how the other writers in the thread will twist the story, allowing me to delve even more into the creative freedoms. My novel writing allows me to take my own little creation of a character or characters on a journey, whether it’s a physical or emotion one, or both.
Doing NaNoWriMo this year? In the past? Play along and answer the questions to give others some insight!