Thursday, November 12, 2015

Little love – Fat Cat spoke to me.

2015-11-10 16.12.282015-11-10 16.12.45

2015-11-10 16.25.55
2015-11-10 21.44.092015-11-10 21.44.16

2015-11-10 21.53.32

So, something unexpected happened the day before yesterday.

As you can see from the pictures, I have a new kitteh in my life. I believe with all my heart my late Fat Cat guided all this.

I took Jeffrey to the vet to be …well…snipped. Nothing unusual happened. Dropped the grandbaby off to get snipped, went home, wrote for my NaNoWriMo word count…

Later in the day I am called by the vet to picked the poor de-nutted Jeffrey back up to bring home. I go…as I am waiting for them to fetch him from the back, I noticed a HUGE cage in the receptionists office. And then a little tiny movement.

Well, me being so nosy asked what was in such a big cage. Honestly, I thought it was a ferret squiggling around in the blankets.

The staff at the vets office know me too well. TOO WELL. The two girls smiled. They looked at the silver pendant I wear around my neck that has Fat Cats ashes in it. They say… “Now, Miss Zoe, we know you are still grieving, but hold her, give her a hold.” They proceed to produce the little orange angel you see above.

My lip quivered. I held her. The first thing she did was lick my lips and start purring, curling into my hold. Then she started playing with Fat Cats pendant.

The girls told me that earlier that day, a woman had come in with a box of kittens, five of them, acting like she was there to get them a check up. It was the busiest part of the day for the office. Before they knew it, the woman was gone, but the box of kittens was just sitting in the waiting room unattended. She had never given them any information on herself. She just left the kittens in all the commotion of the lunchtime hour.

The kittens were all checked and stuff, making sure they didnt have any contangions or illnesses. Most of the staff adopted the kittens straight off.

Two hours passed between the last kitten being taken and me showing up to pick up Jeffrey. No one else had taken an interest because she seemed ‘too plain’ in appearance, though she is SO playful and friendly.

Then Fat Cats doctor came out. He placed his hand on my shoulder and told me ‘its not too soon, you know.’. I lost it. I cried. The girls behind the counter cried. The doctor cried.

Jeffrey hissed and growled. But, some of that was pain, I do believe.

So, here I am with a new kitten.

I present you all with BaxterMarie. She exhibits so many of ChesterAnns (Fat Cat) attributes. The way she likes to cuddle in my arms. They way she kicks me off my own chair. The way she lets me know what she wants or needs.

Since bringing her home, she has chosen a favorite toy. Its a little fuzzy/glittery purple ball. She is fiercely protective of it to the point that when she plays with it, she growls the entire time and never bats it too far from herself. When she pounces it, she holds it protectively for a moment before playing again.

Jeffrey is warming up to her. They play chase, sometimes he gets a little too rough. And, because he has to show his dominance, he steals her ball and plays with it. Keep in mind, he has NEVER shown an interest in this ball ever before. He has his own favorite toys which he has hidden from her.

So, I have a new baby.

I am happy with my little love.

No comments:

Post a Comment