Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Serial killers…my obsession

Now, this post is about something that fascinates me. Serial killers.

There are a larger number of females interested and fascinated by serial killers than males. To the point of writing mail, sending pictures, MARRYING them.

I am not THAT into it. But I LOVE reading every minute detail of their crimes, I love the photos and crime scenes. I love to hear their rantings and ravings, if they do that (unless its Charles Manson because he bores me to tears), or the reasons they give that motivated them to their crimes.

Serial killers can and cannot do a lot of things. Laws are in place so they cant profit from anything. That is totally justified in my view.

I dont think the victims families should make too much profit either.

In the documentary listed below, Serial Killer Culture, that ground is covered. It is the MEDIA and the local officials that boost the victims and families into trying to cash in on tragedies.

But, back on point...why are women so interested in these broken people? Granted, in some ways, some serial killers act in ways of pure genius. Its their egos that bring them down.

Personally, my own facination comes from my darkness within. All those sordid little secrets and fantasies. I dont act on them, but I do have the capacity. We've discussed my mental illnesses before. I have the ability to turn things off and on like a light switch. If I cant grasp an emotion, or proper response to something, I will fake it.

Oddly enough, I am more touched by cruelty to animals than I am to things like man against man, child abuse and the like. Animals are sacred to me. People are not.

Does this make me sound like a horrible person? I'm not, really. I am friendly, I can be caring. I just dont know how to react sometimes. But oh my god, do not show me someone hurting an animal. Be it a bird, cat, dog or even a mouse. When Fat Cat caught a mouse, she never killed it...she brought it to me. I'd take the little thing outside and set it free. Sure, an owl probably snatched it up as soon as I went back inside, but thats nature. Mother Nature is the only pure and acceptable, and perfect, serial killer.

The world is overpopulated. The governments are greedy and corrupt. There is hatred and loathing and apathy planet wide. People just plain suck in my opinion.

A person can be great. A small group can be fun. In masses they can be idiots.

I can see why some killers do the things they do. I can see their way of looking at things.

There are so many reasons behind every killer, however. Carl Panzram hated humanity. Charles Manson wanted to be, well, God, in a way. Jeffrey Dahmer wanted someone to love him and NEVER leave...but he also wanted them compliant to the point of death. H.H Holmes was a genius, educated and crafty. He wanted to be rich, and enjoyed the act of killing. He managed to do both for a time.

Spree killers are no fun to me. Rampage killers.

Serials killers are different. They are methodical. They rest. They plan. They repeat. However, they get sloppy.

Some of them, such as Ted Bundy, have a charm about them. Its easy to see, by his looks and charm, why women would be fascinated with him, even knowing what he did to all those young girls.

How anyone could fall in love with the likes of Charles Manson is beyond me. I am chalking it up to drugs. It cant be real, and if it is, W.T.F..

So, how many here can say they are fascinated with serial killers. Not just what you read or see on television, but actually buy the books, see the movies, get your grubby little hands on the FBI's profile of the subject?

There used to be a wonderful site that I'd spend hours on...thecrimelibrary.com. Its gone now, or changed address. If its moved, I'd love to find it again.

Now, on with the film part of this writing.

Director John Borowski has a love of serial killers, and has made it the focal point of most of his films. Biographical documentaries.
Borowski
Director John Borowski

Mr. Borowski has made, thus far, 4 documentaries covering serial killers and the culture that loves them.

HHHOLMESmovieposter
H.H.Holmes: America's First Serial Killer (2004)
 
Torture chambers, acid vats, greased chutes and gassing rooms were just some of the devices of death designed by the Torture Doctor, H.H. Holmes in his castle of horrors. Follows Holmes' entire life as a criminal mastermind.


This documentary is factual, however, it was done on a low budget. Its hard to get through. It was Borowski's first major project, however, so everyone starts somewhere.



albert fish movie poster
Albert Fish: In Sin He Found Salvation (2007)
 
 Albert Fish, the horrific true story of elderly cannibal, sadomasochist, and serial killer, who lured children to their deaths in Depression-era New York City. Distorting biblical tales, Albert Fish takes the themes of pain, torture, atonement and suffering literally as he preys on victims to torture and sacrifice. Includes interviews with artist and Odditorium owner, Joe Coleman, and true-crime author, Katherine Ramsland, Ph.D.


This documentary was top notch. Albert Fish was so brutal, an unabashed cannibal and sadist. Borowski brought this biography to the screen brilliantly. Facts, re-entactments, photos. It was wonderful.



carl panzram movie poster
Carl Panzram: The Spirit of Hatred and Vengeance (2012)

The true story of lifelong criminal and serial killer, Carl Panzram who wrote his autobiography for a jail guard in 1928.


Borowski out-does himself once again. They biography is brilliant. The late Mr. Panzram had a hand in that, as in he was one of the first early serial killers who actually wrote his own biography. Some of what he wrote and told is up to speculation on whether or not he was exaggerating. Regardless, this man hated all of humanity.



posterskculture
Serial Killer Culture (2014)
 
Serial Killer Culture examines the reasons why artists and collectors are fascinated by serial killers.


This was a great documentary, giving a little light on why people seem so interested in serial killers. The love of them, the fear of them. I believe 13 different artist, collectors and even a tour group cover Millwaki (Jeffrey Dahmer Tours) were featured. It was great to see the artwork serial killers created. It was great to see the artwork ARTISTs created from being interested in the killings and the killers. And the Tour Group...they didnt just give you all the gruesome stories of Jeffrey Dahmer...they give you history on the city itself. The buildings, the life. The whole documentary was very informative and entertaining.



Well, now that you're all going to keep 10 paces from me and call me creep girl, I'll let you go look these up on Netflix to give them a watch (Albert Fish is no longer available on the US Netflix)

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment