Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A few days away

1525466_805417022909091_2396913139515229607_n

Hello my darlings!

Well, much excitement is ahead for the wonderful world of Zoe.

And, well, that is why I must tell you that I will be absent from the web for a bit.

You see, my older sister is getting married and is arriving here tomorrow for the remainder of the week and weekend. We have less than a month to get her wedding organized, and she and I are the only family we have living here state-side. Sadly, my folks and little sister and her family, and my little brother and his huge family, wont be able to come to the States for the wedding, so I want to make sure my big sis has my full attention.

Now, along with making plans and whatnot, there will be shenanagans to be had. We are terrible when together. 

Mass quantities of coffee are consumed throughout the day, then some damn fool says "Hey, we need alcohol." ~looks guilty~

I will morn her passing as a single woman, and drink many libations in this sorrow.

Did I mention she is having an outdoor wedding, on the beach? Can we say nightmare waiting to be had? She and her fiance have a boat, but a friend is ferrying the rest of the guests to the island on his pontoone boat. We have to go find suibable decorations for that thing without making it look gaudy.

And my sister is a teeny wisp of a thing. We have to get her dress altered.

She wants me to put subtle highlights in her hair. Thats a snap. I've been doing that for her since we were teens.
There are so many things. Oh, and after the wedding, she is flying down to Guatemala to see the folks and little sister, so we have to purchase items for my momma that they cant get down there.

My family living in a progressing country is strange. They cant get hold of items we take for granted every day at the local supermarket. I had to purchase like six small cans of simple pumpkin pie spice for making homemade pumpkin pie, and packets of instant white gravy mix. Certain kinds of soap. Spices that arent available there. Toiletries that cant be found there at all.

So, after the wedding my sister will take all my moms needed things to her and they will get a post wedding visit.

My moms is planning a trip here in 2017, with luck.

But, back on topic...I will be disappearing for a bit, to help my sister in her joyous ~mourns~ day. >_>


Thank the stars I'm so awesome. I dont think anyone else could tolerate me but me.

See you soon darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment