Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Running: A short story (incomplete)

This is an incomplete story. I had started it a while back, in one of my games, but the game itself went under since no one was playing it. So, I never really got the chance to finish the story. This is another one I will probably revisit if I could remember the original theme. Its wasnt quite vampires, it was something out of the ordinary (for me at least), so, hopefully I’ll remember and can get this going as a small little series of sorts.

Enjoy!

92982872

All I could think about was to keep running, keep hiding, and keep Gennifer safe. Something dreadful had happened, and I’m still trying to put the bits and pieces together, but with all this tiring running, constant hiding, and Gens unstoppable babble is splitting my head in two.
I drop to my knees, pulling Gennifer along with me, pressing my back against the wall taking deep breaths. My lungs feel funny. I feel like I’m just gulping air, and it’s doing nothing.
“He said we wouldn’t have to do that anymore, if we just accepted him. He said he really likes us…I guess on kinda that we’re twinnies. I liked him, I don’t know why you were so mean, why you fought. Gessy, I always say your mean streak gets us nowheres.”
I looked to Gennifer. Sweet Genny. We’re twins. Though something happened in the womb. It would appear I was dominant, taking all the nutrients for development. I was a big, well-formed baby. Poor Genny was so little. And her brain just never developed right. Her body grew up and out though. We are identical. We choose to live the identical lifestyle as well. Most of the time we dress the same, do our hair the same, etc. . . . But still…you can tell who is who. Genny is all soft, like a little lost dove. I have a harder edge to me. My ‘mean streak’ as Genny calls it.
And it appears my mean streak got us in a tussle or something tonight. Bits and pieces are coming back. I looked silently over at my sister, hoping she’ll talk, tell me what my mind is missing in current events.
Genny just crossed her arms and looked away. “I *wanted* to go with the man. He was nice and friendly. The man made you nervous though, and you know what you get like…all mean and grouchy. You hit him, hard.” Genny paused, looking around them at the graffiti walls. “You beat the shit out of him Gessy. It was only after he couldn’t get up that something stopped you. He whispered to you, I dunno what he said. Then the next thing I know is you screamed out and fell down, all this blood gushing from someplace. I got scared, I hid under a table.” Gennifer put her face down, embarrassment shown clear in the crimson stain across her cheeks. “I think I pee’d myself. I got so scared. But then the he came to me, touched my face all nice. He made me feel okay. He whispered things to me, I don’t really understand what…but there is a place we have to go to, to see him again. I wanna go, I know where to go.” Genny quieted once again.
“I feel funny, like I took drugs or something…did they give me drugs Genny?” I asked my little, by 3 minutes, sister.
Gennifer shook her head to her twin. “No, no drugs. And after you beat the man up, he just got back up again. I told you that. I was scared Gessy…I was hiding…but when he was gone, I came back out for you. You were all covered in blood and your neck was all gross and hanging open. I cried and cried. I lay down beside you because I didn’t know what to do…who would take care of me?” Genny was getting teary on me…when she got teary, she got whiney.
I moved and put my arm around her. “There, there. I’m here. But how am I here?” Gessica looked down at her clothing. Sure enough, they were covered in dried blood.
“You started moving, like, in your sleep. Your throat and neck just got better, even though there was blood everywhere. And you just opened your eyes, grabbed me, and we started running. I wanna go back to find that man Gessy. He’s a magical being or something. I can feel it deep inside me…you know my ‘feelin’s are usually spot on. I got a feelin’ bout this man. Maybe he can help us and we could have a for real home!” Genny spouted.
I put my hand on her thigh. “Settle down, Gen. You said this man did something to me and when you looked, my throat was all cut open? So not sure I want to find someone like that again.”
Gennifer suddenly stood up, her blue crystalline eyes shimmering. “That’s just it Gessica! We HAVE to go to him…he did something to you, and you need him now, and what he did, I want it too! YOU started this Gessica, you hafta make it right!”
Whoa…referring to me as ‘Gessica’. She only does that when she’s in an eerie state of clarity and feeling mature. And angry. I get up, brushing my behind off.
I put my hands up, stepping closer to my sister gently. “Okay Gennifer…okay. We’ll do what you want. And…Maybe this guy will find us sooner. Something is happening to me Genny…I smell things different. Hear and see things different.”
My sister just looked at me with her big beautiful eyes, waiting for me to go on.
“I can hear…smell…almost taste…the blood coursing through you…”

No comments:

Post a Comment