Friday, January 23, 2015

Blogger Spotlight: Ray from The Unsimplelife!

me1-e1418358044416
Ray – The Unsimplelife
Ray is in our spotlight this week! He is a fellow wordpress blogger and all around great guy to talk to. You can catch him on The Unsimplelife.
On with my torture of the man!!  :D
10 Questions, Zoe style…
1. What is your writing process?
I try not to have, or stick to any particular process. I find I get the best results when I let just write. I try to let the moment im in take the lead, when I am not thinking about it too much I read back over my work and it seems to have a much more organic feel. When I am writing something of some length, I do have a kind of timeline for main events and I try to write in between them, but I don’t plan the rest. If that makes sense at all.
2. What do you read for pleasure?
I read all sorts of things, fiction and non-fiction. My partner and I both love reading. Personally, I like RA Salvatore, John Marsden, George RR Martin. Right now I am reading The Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb. Otherwise, I love reading science / physics type books, must be the nerd in me. My partner is trying to get me to read some Tamora Pierce, but it isn’t really my thing to be honest.
3. What is the greatest joy of writing/blogging for you?
Hard question to answer really, I write for many reasons. I guess I started writing for myself a long time ago, I never really showed my writing to anyone. My wife got a hold of a notebook a few years ago without me knowing, and she enjoyed it. I guess since then my confidence has grown a bit, hence why I have a blog now too I guess. With both, I really enjoy seeing a reader engaged, positive or negative, it is just lovely to know you have made someone think.
4. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Umm, I guess so. I am in my late twenties, I live in Australia. I spent most of my early adulthood travelling with no money and no direction. I now have a wife and a young boy (3yrs) and have settled down somewhat. I had a pretty crappy for years, I watched one of my friends get eaten alive, my mother died suddenly soon after with cancer, and am now just on the back end of that. Check the blog if you want to know more detail.
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes down to sitting down and writing?
My strength, and my weakness, is my mood. I can go weeks, months even without writing so much as a word, but I get into moods when I just can’t stop myself. I have been trying to find / think of ways to balance this out a little and try to have a little more consistency to my work, open to suggestions if anyone has any!
6. Do you have any strange writing habits?
Not really… umm, I seem to find a pen to chew, even when I am typing. :)
7. What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing/blogging process?
Getting the aesthetics of a blog / post right. I procrastinate a lot with that side of things… I never actually proof read, or edit any of my work as such, probably explains the weird dyslexic moments you may have come across.
8. Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see much point?
I used to make my bed of a morning, then we had a kid.
9. Where is one place you want to visit that you haven’t been before?
Space, ever since I was little the universe has amazed me.
10. Choose: Vampires, Werewolves, Demons or Zombies?
Zombies, is this a real question?
Bonus Question: How prepared are you for the Zombie Apocalypse I’ve ordered?
There is actually a local group in my town that has a zombie apocalypse plan, and a location, supplies and everything ready. I am a member, bring it on! :)
I love the down to earth-ness of Ray, and his blog. First time parenting is tough! Please scoot on over to The Unsimplelife and check him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment