Friday, January 23, 2015

Author Spotlight: Courtney M Wendleton

31xX2BXHdqL._UX250_
Courtney M Wendleton
I met the lovely Courtney through Google+ and she’s an awesome young woman. Bright, intelligent and fun. She supports her fellow authors and bloggers and just has a dynamite personality.
So, lets get the show on the road and see a little insight Zoe style…
10 Questions, Zoe style…
1. What is your writing process?
My writing process takes place at my Command Center. I have my laptop and speakers set up to watch a movie and use my tablet to actually do the writing. I have the movie going basically for background noise, and something to keep me focused on my writing. Instead of getting up and doing something when my mind begins to wander, I watch the movie for a few minutes and then I’m back to writing.
2. What do you read for pleasure?
Anything and everything on my Kindle. I have horror, sci-fi, Learning Language books, Romance, etc. Usually I read Harry Potter series and Fifty Shades of Gray trilogy once a year.
3. What is the greatest joy of writing/blogging for you?
My greatest joy of writing so far has been when I put my first book, Touchdown Interruption, for sale on Amazon. As for blogging, I have not had a stand out joy yet.
4. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I live in Ocean View, Hawaii, Hawaii. I was born and raised in the northwest corner of Missouri. I love to read, write and play video games. With my small obsession to write, I have an even bigger obsession with names. I can sit for hours coming up with names for my characters and not know it. I also love to travel and have lived in four different states, including Alaska.
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes down to sitting down and writing?
A strength would be focus. My focus is sharp when I am in the groove and even if I lose focus it is only for a few minutes before I’m back at it. A weakness would be editing while writing. I can’t stand those little red and blue squiggly lines under words or phrases. They bug me to no end and are part of the reason I lose focus until they are made to disappear.
6. Do you have any strange writing habits?
I don’t think I have any strange writing habits, but my dragon Kevin (he’s from Pillow Pet land) might say I do. Everything I write goes through him.
7. What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing/blogging process?
Marketing. I enjoyed writing the book, and enjoy blogging but marketing is tedious in my opinion. A necessary evil to push through.
8. Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see much point?
There is no point in making a bed, it is just going to be messed up later. No one is going to see the bed, unless you go around showing your room to everyone. Plus I’m a “nester.” I burrow and get the pillows and blanket into just the right position for Kevin and me to write. Then fall asleep as I do most of my writing at night when others are asleep.
9. Where is one place you want to visit that you haven’t been before?
Ireland
10. Choose: Vampires, Werewolves, Demons or Zombies?
Vamwoldezoms. I love vampires, and demons but am just discovering the world of werewolves and zombies that I can’t choose.:)
Bonus Question: How prepared are you for the Zombie Apocalypse I’ve ordered?
Unfortunately I’m not. I am out of shape, I have no preferred weapon of choice and I live on a small island in the middle of the ocean. Plus the island happens to be an active volcano…I’m screwed.
You can visit Courtneys website and take a gander or check out her Google+ page and Facebook!
You can find her books on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, just click the pic! :D
41Rc0WjTlcL._UY250_ 419nedbKKXL._UX160_
4180BHv84dL._UY250_
10257835_235574123309307_7865875555676086408_n
Thank you so much for this opportunity Courtney! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment