Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dec 7 2014 - Writing away


So in the last two days I've managed a good bit of writing. Two short stories, 'flash fictions', and managed one of them as a 1st person narrative. They can be found in the blog section of my Official Site (http://zoeambler.com)

It was certainly a challenge. When I write, I am a long, descriptive writer. So writing something that doesnt exceed 1500 words is like a mallet to the head for me. And I've tried 1st person narrative in role-plays before, and they didnt sit well with me, but in story telling its a little different.

I dont think either story came out too bad.

I'm working on another right now as well. I am entering a contest, and am going to give it my best shot. It doesnt matter what perspective the story is, it just cant be longer than 1500 words, and of course, carry a PG, PG-13 rating.

I'm kind of excited. Mostly nervous. I'm really trying to branch out a bit.

My second novel is on the back burner for now, its nearly complete, I am just tired of looking at it...I need a break from those characters and being in their heads for a little bit.

This little get-a-way to the beach was just what I needed. I feel great. I feel inspired!

And right now, I feel like a nap!  :D



No comments:

Post a Comment