Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dec 16/14 ver. 2.0 : Disappointment

Disappointment stings like an open wound. Like, those horrid little cuts you don’t realize you have until you squeeze a lemon or pick up a jalapeno. A burning sting.

And I’m the sort of person who doesn’t take disappointment well. I set my hopes too high and put too much faith in people, friends. I am usually always disappointed. Let down.

It festers in me, making it worse. It irritates me, because the current situation, in the role reversal, I was a ‘rah-rah-rah’ cheer-leading ‘go get e’m tiger’ support buddy. I contributed to your wealth and invested in your product.

And you nitpick mine? Instead of words of encouragement and motivation, I receive a more negative tone, making me feel very small, less, insignificant and utterly wrong. My approach is wrong? I should do as others you know did? Why? Did I tell you how to do things? Did I pick apart things and show you the flaws?

I guess I’m on my own. I’m very used to it, trust me. I will continue on in my endeavors without anyone’s help or support. If I fail, it will be my failure. More disappointment.

I let one single person get to me. But really, it wasnt just one single person. It was several who I had faith in. It just took one person to voice something.

This thing called ‘friendship’ has such a flawed design.

No comments:

Post a Comment