Wednesday, November 26, 2014

NaBloPoMo Day TwentySix: Holiday Sneer





I am not a 'holiday' person. I loathe the holidays. Blech.

Already people have CHRISTMAS decorations up!! Its not even Food Coma Day yet!!! You're supposed to wait until after tomorrow for that Christmas cheer crap, right? Come on, people!! Yer killin' me!

Tomorrow most of us US people will be chowing down on turkey, ham, dressing (okay, if you're from the South) stuffing, green bean casserole, etc...Most will have cooked it at home, or lovely wifey, hubby, mummy, grammy...someone home cooked it.

I'm wondering what restaurants will be open. I'd be happy with a Big Mac.

Men will be gathered around the television for football more than likely. Okay, I will admit, I like college ball, and will check in on the Iron Bowl this weekend. WAR EAGLE!!!!

ANYWAY...it seems like every year people are going more and more overboard with the whole holiday thing. I mean, there used to be Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Now there are like twenty other little holidays shoved in there.

Black Friday...WHY? Why would anyone want to wait at 3am in the cold to get 10bux off some gadget?? And the merchants...PURE GREED!!!

Give me a Big Mac or a frozen pizza to toss in the microwave tomorrow and I'll be a happy girl.

If you attempt to make me leave my house on Friday, I will shoot you. I have a shovel and five acres.

Christmas. Well. That's a whole other sneery post. If I don't gouge my eyes out with fake plastic ice-cycles before then. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment