Saturday, November 29, 2014

NaBloPoMo Day TwentyNine: Mourning

Today we mourn...the microwave.

Its a day of sadness. The microwave has provided me with years and years and years of faithful service, heating my frozen dinners and nuking my coffee to a nice temperature.
It popped my popcorn, its warmed my soup, made my left-over edible and heated my side dishes to perfection.

However, from your death, there will be new life.

I shall traipse my way through the savage land known as Wal-Mart and find a new microwave. Hopefully this new beast will not be complicated and have the same user friendliness my poor departed microwave had.

I don't need something too large, nor too small. I will fondle each new microwave I look upon, finding the perfect fit for me.

And though you will be replaced, my dearly departed dead microwave, I will always remember you. Yes, we had our differences. The little glass carousel turntable within you always popped out of place and I had fits trying to get it back into alignment, but it was worth it, as you warmed and heated my food to perfection.

To my new microwave, whoever you may be...I will welcome you into my kitchen with love and wonderment. And if you are too complicated, I will spew forth obscenities at you until I have mastered you.

Let us bow our heads in respect to my old Magic Chef microwave and its years of good service.


No comments:

Post a Comment