Thursday, November 13, 2014

NaBloPoMo Day Thirteen: My Best Friend





I met my best friend nearly 13 years ago. Believe it or not, we met through an RP Game we both play. Gosh, her character intimidated mine. But then became friends, then enemies, and now their are sort of 'frenemies'.

We love each other to bit though. There's nothing we wouldn't do for one another. There's a lot of miles between us, I'm on the East coast and she's near the West.

I've visited her, and she's visited me. We always have a great time. We always get into some kind of trouble. And lawdy, don't let us start drinking together. :D . I take that back, we are a riot.

Who knew something as simple as a game would form such a strong bond. But, I've heard many similar stories. I mean, in this particular game, we know people who had actual marriages come out of it.

My best friend and I sport matching tattoos, share everything, and yes, we'd help hide the bodies. We call one another 'LP', for life partner. No, we are not into the same sex thing, but we seem to compliment one another so well with our personalities that we were just made and destined to be close.

We've watched each others children grow up, we've faced the trials of life together, and we've mourned together.

Its not to say we don't have our spats. That's the spice of life.

But we always just brush it off. Long distance kiss and make-up.

Sometimes we speak everyday on the phone. Sometimes we go a week or two without hearing from the other than seeing posts on Facebook, but when we do speak, things pick up just were the last conversation left off. We cry, we laugh, we bitch and moan.

Best friends is a common phrase for people to say, or to call someone. But TRUE best friends share a bond that is indescribable and sometimes misunderstood by others.

When you find that person that compliments you so well, don't let go. You never know when you're going to find them.

And hey, if they are going to help dispose of the bodies, that makes them a damn fine catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment